We are here to lend a helping hand. Family Care Trust provides a befriending service to people with a mental health problem to provide support from someone who they can trust, who understands and who is caring. The Family Care Trust befriending service can provide:
- A ‘listening’ ear.
- Accompaniment to participate in social and leisure activities such as shopping, sports and social events.
- Accompaniment anxiety promoting appointments such as to G.P or outpatients appointments.
- Providing assistance to access community facilities and resources.
- Assisting people to try out new activities.
- Supporting people to help to maintain social contacts.
This is a free weekly drop-in service which provides the opportunity for people to socialise with others from the community over refreshments.
Take part in quizzes, board games, bingo and other therapeutic activities.
The service not only provides social contact for people awaiting a match but also for partnerships that have already been formed.
Attendees can also actively involve themselves in fund raising activities to cover the cost of residential trips that take place throughout the year.
For more information please email email@example.com or telephone on 07977934467.